Thursday, February 09, 2006

About my certification courses

I am currently studying at Indian Institute of Hardware Technology (IIHT) in Bangalore. I have been completing courses like MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer, CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Administrator, Comptia N+ , Ret Hat Linux Administrator and finally with Oracle DBA course. Usually people go along with 2-3 selections. When I was attending , I wanted a strong background in Networks and its Administration. Most of the courses provide me with an opportunity in different platforms. Taking Oracle DBA was more as I wanted to know Database Administration also as System Administrator it is necessary to have a knowledge of most things. The only thing left is all the exams I have to appear after completing my courses at the institute.

When I was doing my 4 year Computer Engineering at the University, I thought it will be really into computers guessing about Software and Hardware. I learned more Hardware on my own with the help of my friends who taught me how to take apart a whole computer CPU and assemble the whole package. Apart from all that I was also able to learn in the hostel about networking with other computers creating our own small LAN network which by the way was destroyed into many pieces by the college authorities without prior warning. Reason for destroying the network was not a sufficient one, even proof was not shown. In the end an apology from the college authorities was given without any compensation on the 300 meters of LAN wire that was destroyed as multiple cuts were made throughout the wire. That's life, isn't it.

The Hardware part which was going to be taught in the college was cancelled in the second last semester and we were asked to attend another computer language lab. So finally in my batch I had people who had no idea what a RAM or a Motherboard or Hard Disk looked like. In a college, computer science engineering basically means Software Engineering. (PERIOD). The amount of Languages they teach is for the IT industries. This is where I kept trying to make out what is the difference between Computer Science Engineers and Information Technology Engineers as both branches are taught side by side. Apart from these branch all the other basic branches of engineering are having scope in the IT industry. I saw more than 500 people be selected by the IT companies and maximum out of them 200-250 were from the IT and computer background only (including B.Tech CSE, IT, MCA, M.Tech CSE etc). So finally every kind of branch people are being accomodated in the IT industry. What will happen if they think of going to their core companies. They will be having Nil experience related to the core field. There will come one such time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep the good work Dude

AddthisM